Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Do black men like natural hair?


The answer - YES!

Now there seems to be a perception that black men don't like natural hair on black women. There might be some out here that don't but that is because they rarely see it. Think about it ladies, a young black man grows up with his black mother, sisters etc.. and they all have relaxers, straighten hair, weaves etc.. The majority of the black sex symbols (Beyonce, Jessica white, Gabrielle Union, Rihanna) have weaves or relaxers. Young black men are conditioned to like straight hair because of what they see on television and magazines but also what they see in real life. The majority of the black women chose to relax their hair over wearing it natural. If more black women went natural and more black female celebrities went natural then more black men will begin to appreciate it. That being said a lot of us already do. I personally prefer it so black women don't be afraid to go natural.

2 comments:

  1. TRUTH IS I LOVE THE AU NATURAL .. I JUS WISH MORE WOMEN WOULD EMBRACE THEIR NATURAL HAIR AND CULTURE .. BUT HOPEFULLY THEY WILL CATCH ON .. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Macc I totally agree with you, I laugh when other women look at me with disgust. How sad our men and children are more natural than we are. I love my locs and i wish i started mine years ago.

    ReplyDelete